How do you operate XM Satellite weather on the Cirrus Perspective by Garmin? You will need to turn the FMS knob and select the Weather Data Link page to view all the weather products offered, that’s the primary map for viewing XM Weather data.
The table below shows which XM products can be displayed (indicated with a “Y”) on: Weather Data Link Page, Navigation Map Page, Nearest Page Group, PFD Inset Map, and Flight Plan Page.
|Weather Product||Wx Link Pg.||Nav. Pg.||Nearest Pg.||PFD Inset||Flt. Plan Pg.|
There are 3 other pages that display limited Wx information (AUX – Trip Planning page, AUX – Video page, Weather Info. page).
Customizing Weather Data Link Page Setup
The setup menus on the Navigation and Weather Data Link pages control the map range settings at which weather product data are decluttered from display.
- While on the Weather Data Link page press the “Menu” key
- Highlight “Weather Setup” and press the “ENT” key
- Turn the outer FMS knob to scroll through product selections
- Turn the inner FMS knob to scroll through options for each product (on/off, range settings, etc.)
- Press the ENT to select an option
- Press the FMS knob or CLR key to return to the Weather Data Link page
After a weather product item is active softkeys on the MFD and PFD control the display of weather information. When a weather product is selected for display the corresponding soft key label changes to gray to indicate enabled. I use the menu to select the maximum of 2,000 nm for all XM weather products and then use the MFD softkeys to display or turn-off weather products.
Source: Cirrus Perspective by Garmin – Pilot’s Guide for the SR22, June 2008
Copyright 2014 wikiWings, LLC, All rights reserved